End of December I created different category lists with only 12 items each to help work on marking off things to do and get out of a “doing nothing” rut. (read about my “Starting With a Dozen Each” here)
Well, looks like I had a good idea but didn’t really get around to implanting the plan and making it happen. Now we are at the end of the first month of the year. I was inspired from reading other blogger’s monthly recap posts, and decided to start doing that for myself. It’ll be good to look over what I’ve accomplished during the month and be a good refresher of what goals are still ongoing, or ones that get newly added to the different dozen.
Since I pretty much didn’t do anything with my lists In January, let’s just give ourselves (or mainly, myself) a refresher of what I currently have. When looking at all kinds of “things to do before you die” it gets overwhelming. If you break it down into smaller lists, you feel so much better and reason that you can get it done. I also hope to incorporate this graphic into my “things to do” goals.
Music: I’m already working on getting through the “1001 Songs to Hear Before You Die” and like how I have it set up to listen to twenty songs each week. By doing it that way, I can get through the list in a year so I’ll leave that to it’s own posts.
Breweries & Wineries: Go the places that produce that specific liberation and check off the lists that I have created for the different areas.
- I did go to a few places in Lodi, California in January (3 new places)
- Lodi Wine & Visitor Center – they change up the local wine list each week, went to check it out since it’s on the Lodi Winery list but didn’t try any wines
- Paskett Vineyards & Winery – loved it there. and was informed there is a house you can rent through Airbnb right on the property.
- LVVR – been there before, but the friends I was with hadn’t yet. Good sparkling wines
- Durst Winery – was okay
Movies: watch movies from “1001 Movies to Watch Before you Die” list (these ones can be found on Netflix streaming)
- Avengers: Infinity War
- Cool Hand Luke
- Dark Knight
- Enter the Dragon
- Forbidden Planet
- Gangs of New York
- Hell or High Water
- I, Daniel Blake
- Kings Speech
- Life of Brian
Books: read books from “1001 Books to Read Before you Die” list
- All the King’s Men by Robert Penn Warren (- currently reading)
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- Divine Comedy by Dante
- Great Gatsby by Scott Fitzgerald
- Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison or H.G. Wells
- Lady Chatterley’s Lover by D. H. Lawrence
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville
- Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge by Rainer Maria Rilke
- Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
- Paradise Lost by John Milton
- Ulysses by James Joyce
General Things to Do:
- Walk on the beach in winter
- Have a picnic on the beach in February
- 30 day challenge of yoga & working on the core of the body
Looks like I still need to work on having a dozen general things to do. I’m always open to suggestions.