March seemed to get very chaotic and everything went crazy with having to change ways of doing everything. I really kinda wish I had started saving all the meme’s and headlines from each day from the start of being told to stay at home and not venture out to group outings, and all the events that got canceled. So much for my getting out of my rut of doing more than just work and home plan. Several of my General things to do for March was getting out to places and events. And since April is going to be more of the same “stay at home” timeline, I’ll have to figure out some other things to do for the month. Maybe DIY projects? Yay for more sunshine in the day and warmer weather? And thank goodness for the internet / phone to stay connected (won’t have to be as isolated as those were in the black plague, right?) and TEN TIMES THANKS for our health professionals.
I managed to get 1 thing done in March. I crossed off eating a raw oyster (I’ve done it a few times, but the most recent experience was in February so I listed it to make sure to write a post. Might be that’s what I’ll end up doing for April, write about past experiences that I’ve been meaning to do.
(read about my “Starting With a Dozen Each” here)
General Things to Do:
- note to self: Go back through photos and find memories to post
- 30 day challenge of yoga & working on the core of the body (also go for walks)
- do a wine cork craft project
- spring clean some (store items for a garage sale later)
- master the art of letter writing – write some letters
- listen to Mozart’s Requiem without interruption
- learn the names of ten constellations
- plan a picnic for one
- make the perfect souffle
- take up knitting
- listen to all of Frank Sinatra’s recordings
- Wear pajamas all day long
Music: current music challenge: “1001 Songs to Hear Before You Die”.
Trying to post on Mondays and listen to 20 songs each week.
Breweries, Cocktails, & Wineries: See posts over at “My Drinktopia”
Didn’t go to any new ones in March
Movies: current movie challenge: “1001 Movies to Watch Before you Die”
(Picking ones I am finding on Netflix streaming. At least for right now)
- Avengers: Infinity War
- Dark Knight (I own this one)
- Hell or High Water
- I, Daniel Blake
- Kings Speech
- Life of Brian
- Once Upon a Time in the West (C’era una Volta il West)
- Pan’s Labyrinth (El Laberinto del Fauno)
- Raging Bull
I might first look through the movies I own and watch those ones again to cross off here.
Books: current book challenge: “1001 Books to Read Before you Die”
These are the dozen I want to get through reading right now
- All the King’s Men by Robert Penn Warren (- currently reading)
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- Divine Comedy by Dante
- Great Gatsby by Scott Fitzgerald
- Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison or H.G. Wells
- Lady Chatterley’s Lover by D. H. Lawrence
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville
- Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge by Rainer Maria Rilke
- Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
- Paradise Lost by John Milton
- Ulysses by James Joyce
I’m always open to suggestions for any of these categories.